Written by Bethany, PA to Luke Granger
Anyone who has planned a wedding will appreciate how many different elements there is to consider during the wedding planning process. Although the main elements like the wedding dress and the wedding cake can't easily be forgotten, we thought it was about time we gave everyone planning a wedding a little helping hand.
Below you will find a wedding planning checklist that we hope will help you on your way to planning the most amazing wedding. I have broken all the elements into categories so you can make your own wedding planning checklist and skip past anything that doesn't apply to your wedding day.
General Wedding Planning Checklist
Must haves for a perfect wedding day
Notice To Marry
Save The Dates
Master of Ceremony
Timings of The Day
Bridal Wedding Planning Checklist
Everything a bride needs to plan an amazing wedding
Bridal Make Up
Old & New
Borrowed & Blue
Gift For Groom
Groom Wedding Planning Checklist
Everything a groom needs to plan an amazing wedding
Gift For Bride
Bridesmaid Wedding Planning Checklist
Typically everything you need for your Maid/Matron of Honour, Bridesmaids & Flower Girls
Groomsman Wedding Planning Checklist
Typically everything you need for your Best Man, Groomsmen, Ushers, Father of The Bride & Page Boys
Choose Best Man
Wedding Ceremony Planning Checklist
Must haves for a perfect wedding day, the ultimate wedding checklist
Wedding Breakfast Planning Checklist
Everything you need to plan the perfect wedding
Thank You Gifts
Wedding Reception Planning Checklist
Everything you need to plan the perfect wedding reception
Guestbook + Pen
Gift Drop Off
Top Tips To Plan A Perfect Wedding
- Nominate a trusted friend or relative who can act as your "in case of emergency" person on the day of the wedding. Ensure all the suppliers have their contact details and are told to communicate any issues to your ICE. By the time the news of any issue has reached you, your trusted person shall hopefully have found a solution saving you lots of stress.
- Regardless of your budget, choose a handful of wedding day elements that mean the most to you as a couple (Naturally I would recommend photography to be one of them). Commit to prioritising these over the other parts of your day and if something else doesn't go quite right, remind yourself that it wasn't all that important. Don't let the little things spoil your otherwise amazing wedding day.
- Consider the logistics of where and when you are getting ready verses your wedding venue in advance. The aim is to make the day as stress free as possible so often the closer you can be to the venue, the better.
- Ensure that both the Bride and Groom have eaten on the morning of the wedding. It is best to pack snacks that you know you enjoy so that you can at least pick on something even if nerves are getting to you.
- Don't follow a tradition out of obligation. If the Bride wants to say a speech, the Groom doesn't or you would prefer a wedding cake made from cheese then go for it!
- Consider improving your skincare routine in advance to ensure you have that famous wedding day glow. Any dental or tattoo work should also be done well ahead of the wedding incase there are any issues.
And most importantly...
- Enjoy the wedding planning process as much as possible! Take the opportunity to have fun together, enjoy your food and cake tastings, celebrate your countdown milestones and all the excitement along the way.
Congratulations on your engagement, we hope you both have a long and happy marriage.